find a happy place


I have been driving past this sign for 2 years or more. Since the first time I saw it I wanted to stop and take a photograph, but I didn't. I just kept driving. I always had some place to be. Some more pressing issue to handle. I would tell myself, "next time". Then the next time it was, "if I only had my camera with me". It went this way for far too long. I never took the few minutes to actually stop and take the picture...until yesterday.

I ended up with more time on my hands than I had planned for...which never fucking happens for me! I didn't really know what to do with myself. All 3 of my shoots that were scheduled for this weekend had to be rescheduled. Each due to a separate and equally tragic death. It was a strange coincidence. It got me thinking. The time is always now.

That was all it took. Some free time and a great big nudge to get off my damn ass and find some follow through. It may have taken 2 years, but it was totally worth it. The light was perfect for it yesterday. I felt inspired and relaxed if only for that few moments. Adjusting the lens until I found the perfect focus, listening to the click of the shutter...that shit never gets old.

Life is short. Stop and take the photograph that you always think about taking. Take the time to kiss your kids and tell them you love them and they are doing a good job. They will be too grown before we know it and too far gone to listen anymore. We have to help shape their self esteems now. Even when we think they don't hear us...they do.

Pay attention to the coincidences life gives you. Be easy with yourself as you journey through this life. Every situation, no matter how completely fucked up, will work itself out. We just have to pay attention to the seemingly little stuff.

Comments

  1. This is my first visit, thanks to BlogDiggity and I am grateful for the find. Beautiful words filled with simple wisdom. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by!! I'm glad you enjoyed the words!! :-) Sometimes the only thing that helps me stop and take a breathe is to put pen to paper...or finger to keyboard...so to speak lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts