The game of life

I have recently been doing a lot of soul searching. Although I still feel I am very lost I have come up with something blog worthy I think.

Here goes...

Life is a series of guestimations. Every choice you make changes the course of not only your life, but others you come into contact with.

Some people try to make the most educated guess possible and call it a decision.

Others drift through life in a passive aggressive bubble and call it living. Never taking responsibility for anything EVER.

Then there are people like me (and some of you I hope...otherwise I'm crazy) who try to assess the situation, gather information and make the best possible choice. First they have to fuck it up 57 times just to make sure THAT particular decision isn't the "right" one.

Sometimes I feel like I'm just shy of getting it right. Like I am back in the 7th  grade and the bitches *ahem* "cool girls" are keeping secrets from me again.

They are Laughing at me with all their friends because I am unaware that I am fumbling around like an idiot when the key is so clearly in front of everyone else.

Am I the only one who does this? Do any of you feel like your life is a test you stayed up all night cramming for, but you still failed?

Comments

  1. All the damn time! Even when I am right i still feel wrong a great deal of the time! (Christina Reno-Johnson)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! It's like you think you are making a "right" decision when you first make it and then somewhere down the road it becomes horribly apparent that maybe you completely fucked up. Ugh...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I love that this posted 43 times :-) xoxo!! Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone in feeling like I read the map upside down and backwards and now am lost in the fucking woods.

      Delete
  3. Yep. As much as I plan (fail, make mistakes, learn, then repeat) it seems like I'm missing out or not living life 'correctly'.

    Very relatable post 💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. So relatable. Feel ya girl! Right there assessing and still at time guessing all the time! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling like I have no idea what the fuck I am doing with my life!! I <3 you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the story of how my brain functions. I always feel lost in the grand scheme, like I missed some memo everyone else got with the code to decipher the unreadable manual for life. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every day! And the non-hubs (aka Pricklypants) is the passive-aggressive bubble boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God I hate that. Being passive aggressive and letting someone else take the fall for everything is complete bullshit. I am sorry you have to deal with that. Hopefully he will wake up and see that everyone is struggling to make it through this life as unscathed as possible. He is no different.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts