What's your favorite dirty word?

I want to give the people who invented the dirty words a great big kiss on the lips! Without my slue of favorite cuss words in the English language (and a few in Spanish) I would spend a good deal of time EXTREMELY pissed off. 

I distinctly remember as a child the first time I heard this behavior from my mom. She passed away nearly 7 years ago, therefore I feel she would not mind me letting out her secret life of dirty word loving. So here we go... 


I was a young impressionable girl of about 9. I had just come in (skates still on my feet) from a busy summer day of playing with my neighborhood buddies. I headed for the kitchen to find some water to quench my terrible thirst. In my rush to skate/run to the refrigerator I failed to notice my poor mom dancing around the kitchen to her favorite country music...Mary Chapin Carpenter I think it was...here is a video just to help set the scene :) 




Sadly in her sweet release of barefoot dance partying she failed to notice her impending doom...

I flew around the corner at full speed. My skates hit the linoleum flooring just as she turned to walk across the kitchen. Our eyes met for an instant, but it was already to late. We both screamed. I tried to stop but my feet had their own agenda. Faster than I could think I had run over my moms bare feet with my skates on and was laying in the floor in a crumpled sort of awe. Crumpled because of my clumsy determined antics. In awe because my mom who did not use "dirty words" was jumping around the kitchen screaming "SHIT, DAMN, HELL" and "DAMN, DAMN, DOUBLE DAMN, TRIPLE DAMN HELL". 


It was amazing! I was in love with language. From this point forward I had to know as many dirty words as I possibly could and everything about them. I wanted to know what they were. How they could be used. If they meant different things when used together and if screaming them made them even more effective. They were emphatic and fantastic! I mean look at how much agony my mom was able to release with her favorite string of cuss words! 


This got me thinking...I have a 6yo that has been having some anger issues recently. We have been trying everything we can think of to try and help him call down. I mean EVERYTHING.


We breath, we count, we run, we have feather races (this is what I call the trickery it takes to get him to breath deep without him knowing...haha I am such a NINJA), we have dance parties using his playlist, we color, we made him a chill spot of his very own...but you know what I really think would help? A good long string of the LOUDEST diritiest cuss words his little mind can think of! 


What's that you say? This plan could back fire? Oh and you can't encourage bad language from your offspring until they are much...much older. These are very valid points. But I really feel that if he could just let out his favorite dirty word as loud as he could he might, in fact, get this anger thing under control! 


Just a thought. 





Comments

Popular Posts