Wake me up when November ends...

I feel like I have been...slacking. Like I had this great stride going and then BAM. I am not even sure what happened. I don't think there was a single "thing" that occurred to make me feel...less than. I just feel like I don't matter. I usually get like this when I am exhausted and have been pushing my self extremely hard. So I guess I should have been prepared for it.

I have been having vivid dreams about my mother. She died in 2006 and I have only had a few dreams about her in all the time that has passed. It makes me miss her terribly. It also forces me to look at her death in a new light.

She was in complete renal failure, congestive heart failure and she was a juvenile diabetic. These things among others made her life more like a prison. She was entrapped in a body that couldn't walk. She was reliant on several medications multiple times a day just to stay on this earth inside the body she was trapped in. I see now how difficult and depressing it must have been for her.

I was very selfish when she was here. I never expected her to actually die. She was super woman in my world. She was everything to me. How could she die? But...she did.

I am filled with despair about it even now. All these years later. I feel like my heart has been ripped from my chest.

Death is not something new for me. I have lost many close friends over the years. More than my fair share. But there was nothing that could have prepared me for losing her. Nothing...

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing this. I can feel your sadness through this post and sometimes sharing in sadness can lighten the load just the tiniest bit. Your mom would be so proud of you now, I'm sure. I hope she is resting in peace now that she no longer has to endure her "prison." Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading it! It does help to write about it. One of these days I am going to write something about her. It will be goofy and funny and do her memory justice. Someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you are hurting. Writing is a catharsis. It has helped me through so many hard times, even when actually writing my pain has felt like the hardest thing of all. Keep writing. Big hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what I'll do when my Mama leaves this Earth. I can't imagine how hard it would be. Big Hussy Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even had time to prepare...she was sick for a long time. The way it happened was awful though. Caught me off guard for sure!!

      I had just gotten home from a week long hospital stay giving birth to M1. I had some major complications.

      She called me the night I got home but I ignored it. Too worried about other things. I called her back the next morning around 7:40 am and she was in the midst of a massive heart attack. She tried to answer but didn't quite make it...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts