Happy? Without the ever after

I guess I never thought about the reality of divorce. I mean I knew things would be different. I welcomed the change. I was so far gone down the rabitt hole I was drowning. Doing something felt better than nothing. And divorce seemed like the ONLY thing.

I can't say if it was the right choice...but it was the one I made.

I remember laying in bed next to this man who I had pledged to love forever and feeling like I didn't even know him. The vows we spoke to each other felt so far away from where we were.

Even further away was a time that I remembered being happy. Not to mention a time when I was happy with him. So many things could be to blame. I could say this or that wrecked our lives.

I could do that. There are many life shattering events that have taken place over the course of our relationship. The thing is...it is all about how we handled it. The decisions we made and how we ignored the issues. Just pushed them under the rug.

I'm not saying be scared to make tough decisions. Just take the time to think openly. Listen to yourself.

Trust me. In the end you are the one that is going to have to live with your decisions.

Comments

  1. So very true! Think it through because generally there's no going back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Then you are left wondering what life looks like post divorce.

      Delete
    2. It seems difficult in the beginning, but one step at a time, instead of wondering, you can begin to decide where your life goes. But you can't move forward if you're looking back. Have faith in yourself💗

      Delete
    3. Thank you! One step at a time...I'll keep that in mind. I always tend to get ahead of myself.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts