You guys it's official!! I am famous...well sort of.

I got nominated for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award! I have never been recognized before for my writing. You can imagine my surprise when Life with the Bearded J's told me she had nominated me! I freaking love her!! Except now I have to write about my self again! Shitdamnhell at least I have questions to answer this time!




So here goes...
1. Why did you start your blog?

Originally this blog began as an assignment for a persuasive writing class I was taking in college in 2011. I loved that class. It reminded me why I love to write! I had an amazing and encouraging professor who I am still friends with to this day.

It has become something entirely different for me over the last year. It is now an escape of sorts. It isn't always light hearted and funny like i intended. Unfortunately life isn't always that way. I do try to always find the humor in every situation though.

2. What book has touched you the most?

Without a doubt the book that has touched my life the most is Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself by Dr. Joe Dispenza. The book is a little hard to explain. Here is a link to Dr. Joe himself giving you an intro.

The book taught me not to talk shit to myself. Negative self talk is bullshit. The thoughts I allow myself to have determine what I have in my life. If I spend all my time talking and thinking about the negatives in my life that is all I will ever have. The book changed my life.


You should read it. Trust me. Or if you have read it or are reading it please comment and tell me about it. I would love to talk to you about it! 

3. If you could eat dinner with any famous person who is still alive, whom would you choose?

Honestly...famous people make me nervous. I met Garth Brooks last year at a little diner in Claremore, Oklahoma.  He was sitting at a booth near my friend and I. We didn't have the guts to talk to him while in the restaurant, oh no. In true stalker bitch fashion we waited outside in the car until he was done eating breakfast with his family. Telling ourselves that we didn't want to be rude and interrupt his breakfast like all the other patrons were doing. Yeah...that was it!


Anyway, as he was walking to his truck we approached him. Got an autograph and pictures with him. Asked him questions about his big move out of Oklahoma back to Nashville and then it was over. I got a terrible picture with one of the biggest names in country music. Go me.


So I guess I said all that to say this. I'd rather meet my Facebook famous bunker punk homies than meet some famous person who will make me too fucking nervous to have a good time. We really need to have a bunker punker convention or something! It will be epic!


4. Where is the one place you have visited that gives you complete calmness?

I don't know that I have ever felt complete calmness from any one place. I remember snuggling up to my mom used to make me feel like all my problems had melted away. She was pretty fantastic at making me feel like I could conquer anything I set my mind to. 

Coca Beach, Fl is probably the most beautiful place that I have ever been! That is where I got my first tattoo and began to discover that not everything revolved around Tulsa, Oklahoma. There is something to be said for mind opening visits to family with older cousins. Especially when they live in a tropical climate and there friends are super hot surfers who never wear shirts! I'm just sayin', HOT HOT HOT!

5. Are you a bucket list person? If so, name one thing on it?

I like to think I am a bucket list person. I don't technically have a physical bucket list, but I think everyone has a mental one. I like the idea that there are still things in life to strive for that don't have anything to do with paying the mortgage, making the car payment or putting food on the table. The idea that there are things I still want to do in this life for no other reason than that it would be totally fucking awesome! That is what I want my life to be about. Life should be exciting.

6. What is the goal of your blog?

I would love for my blog to generate income one of these days. I don't know if it will ever happen and if it doesn't I am ok with that. For now it is a much needed release for me. It is a place where I can get all the thoughts that bounce around in my head out onto the page. It's a place for me to keep writing. The therapy I get from it knows no bounds. 

7. What is a well day spent to you?

A day well spent is when at the end of the day I can go to sleep with a smile on my face knowing I have made my kids lives better by being a part of it. They make me better. It is so important that we teach our kids not to be dicks. They need a good foundation so that we aren't all screwed when it is time for them to be in charge of things. It is also a good day when I get free time to binge watch Netflix! 

8. How do you start your day?

My day starts at 5 in the morning! I know...it is an obscene time to be waking up. I usually hit snooze until about 5:45 or so and then I am rushing to jump in the shower and get myself ready for work. I am usually in the kitchen making my conquering any disease smoothie by 6am. (That is another book that has changed my life!) My ex husband is usually there by then so that I can leave by 6:15 to get to work by 6:45. He comes over and gets the kids ready in the mornings so he gets to see them everyday. We really have a good co-parenting thing going. 

9. What is your favorite holiday?

I love Halloween! I think it is partly because it was my moms favorite and I have so many happy memories of it. I love to dress up and decorate. It is by far the most creative holiday! I wrote a blog about it if you're interested. 

My mom used to save all our old costumes in one box. We would bring it down from the attic at the beginning of October. We would start to put our new costume together with what we already had. Then we would either go to the store to get the last finishing details or we would get fabric and sew the other stuff we needed. It was fantastic. Not like today when kids expect parents to shell out $50 or more on a generic costume with no creativity at all. Fuck a bunch of that shit. 

10. Are you where you want to be professionally and if not, what will you do about it?

I am working toward my professional dreams. I made great strides in the right direction over the last year. I had my first art show and have another one planned for later this year! I have built a decent client list for my photography business and I will also be graduating with my bachelors degree in strategic communication in December of this year. I work full time for a call center at the moment. It pays the bills and gives me and my kids health insurance so I can't really complain, but it doesn't really light my fire if you know what I mean. 

All of that amounts to this. I am a very busy single mom. I work my ass off to achieve my dreams. I do it so that my kids will see that you can do anything you put your mind to. 

11. What is your favorite quote?

 These are my top 3 favorites. I couldn't decide between them!

"Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back everything is different"
 -C.S. Lewis

“If you go looking for a friend, you’re going to find they’re scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.”


-Zig Ziglar

“People often say motivation doesn't  last. Neither does bathing—that’s why we recommend it daily.”
-Zig Ziglar


Now comes the part where I get to nominate a few of my fellow bloggers!

The first blogger I want to nominate is the mind behind The Precious Princess's Guide to Bananaland.
She inspired me to keep writing. She showed me that there is in fact humor in just about every situation and I freaking love her!

The next blogger that I am nominating is A Day in the Life of a Drama Queen's momma. She is one of the most supportive women I know. She always leaves a kind comment even on my darkest of blogs. I have so much love and respect for her!


I also want to nominate Thriller Mom. Without this lady I would never have been invited to sit at the cool kids table on Facebook. It opened up the underworld of Facebook when she sent me the invite to the super secret private page admin group! I love her!


The last nomination is for Tracy on the Rocks. She inspires me to keep going. She reminds me that tomorrow is a new day and that today is not as serious as you think.


I hope these aren't duplicate nominations. Kudos to you if it is because that means you are just THAT bad ass!






















Comments

  1. Fantastic blog post, I loved your answers and I'm going to check out that Joe Dispenza book. You rock sweet Mama I love your photography, work ethic, devotion to your family, and your viewpoint on life. Well done! 😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. You kick so much ass Jeanine! Thank you for reading and commenting!! I'm glad you liked it. Definetly Check out that book it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for nominating me! Your kind words touched my heart. I love learning more about my favorite bloggers <3 I too would love to meet all my Facebook famous friends! Someday....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe one of these days we will make it happen!

      Delete

  4. شركة ركن سيف لمكافحة الحشرات بالاحساء الشركة الممتازة فى المملكة التى تعتمد على طرق خاصة فى مكافحة الحشرات فى الاحساء , مؤسستنا
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء
    الوحيدة فى المملكة التى تمتلك عمالة ذات جودة عالية جداً فى مكافحة ورش الحشرات وعدمها من اى مكان تريد ازالتها منة فقط معنا سترى الخدمات الاولى فى الاحساء شركتنا
    افضل شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء
    متميزة من نوعها فى خدماتها صاحبت الرقى والاخلاق فى التعامل مع العملاء الجدد والقدامة

    ReplyDelete
  5. شركة المثالى بروكر هى افضل شركات النظافه فى الدمام تقدم كل ماهوه جديد ويوجد فيها افضل العماله المدربه على اعلى مستوى فى التنظبف
    شركة تنظيف بالدمام تنظيف منازل تنظيف فلل شركتنا هى افضل وارخص شركات التنظيف بالدمام تمتلك
    كل ماهوه جديد وتقدم عرض خاص والكثير يعانى من التنظيف لاكن معنا تكون فى امان

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts