Halloween festivities are afoot!

Having just moved from the middle of nowhere into the city I am probably a little overly excited about trick or treaters! I think my house was decorated for Halloween almost before the first box had been unpacked! The neighborhood seems to buzz with excitement. Everyone is really starting to put up their decorations now! So far there are two extremely cool graveyards just down the street and their are pumpkins on every front porch just waiting to be carved.

My favorite place to go this time of year is the drugstore. I am not sure what it is about the smell of a drugstore paired with aisles of Halloween goodness that draws me in but I like it! I love to wander down each aisle taking time to ogle every single item. Especially the ones that dance and make noise! Then when I get to the costume aisle I have to take time to look at each one and pick out which ones I think have potential to be the ONE for this years Halloween extravaganza!

I noticed today that even the trees are getting ready for Halloween. Changing from green to red to orange. I sit on my front porch and imagine all the little ghouls and goblins that soon will be taking to the streets. I find myself thinking about my mom. I realize that among the many things she instilled in me before departing from this world her love for the festivities of this holiday is at the top of the list.

I am flooded with memories from a time when I was a little ghoul getting ready to venture out to enjoy the Halloween festivities. I think my favorite memory from that time is my mom dragging the huge Halloween costume box out of the attic. My siblings and I would dig through it and gather pieces of past costumes to complete our current idea of what THE costume for this year should be. There was something magical about that box...

What are your favorite memories of Halloween?

Comments

  1. I love fall! I love it all....Halloween, the leaves changing, the crisp air, Thanksgiving. I am also very excited. Maybe not as much as you, though.....I have not spent hours wandering through drug stores. Haha. I am happy that you have the memories you do from childhood and from your mother. It is something you can pass on to your boys. I am also happy you are loving Tulsa!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts