Not what I expected

Let me just say this is my first semester back to school after several years off. I decided to take Persuasive Writing hesitantly. I was honestly very worried. My previous experience with classes of this nature has been **YAWN** boring. I expected a lot of busy work writing assignments and huge hard to prepare for tests. I was delightfully very wrong.

Thus far the class has been interesting and engaging. It is taught by Amanda Clinton who is the director of communication for the Cherokee Nation. I don't feel like our assignments are just busy work. I feel like I am learning what I need to succeed in life after college. Having guest speakers from around the community come in has been great! It helps enhance the real life knowledge we are gaining from the class.

At the risk of sounding like a major ass kisser let me just say I genuinely look forward to class on Wednesday nights. This is true for a couple reasons. Number one I get to have adult time away from my two beautiful children Sleaven and Sylus. Sleaven turns five this month and Sylus thinks he is already grown but in reality is only nearly two. Needless to say there is not much quiet, adult time around my house! I love my boys dearly, but let's face it this mom was NOT meant to stay at home with the kids! The second reason (and probably should be the most important if we are speaking in terms of the fact that Amanda will be reading this) is that the class has a really laid back environment. I feel comfortable speaking my mind when I don't understand something or even possibly when I don't agree with something. I think my peers feel the same way.

I am impressed with the way Amanda is teaching the class. I love that she encourages open communication. She also seems to put a lot of thought into what she wants us to gain from her class. When I leave class I feel like I have been engaged not like my brain has been turned to mush with to much information to quickly. I would highly recommend taking classes with Amanda Clinton!

Comments

  1. I agree! I wouldn't take the class with anyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your blog. Your personality shines through. The way you blog is exactly the way you are in person, from what I've seen so far. Thank you for sharing your kindness and helpful spirit with me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts