All my exes live in Texas

I have realized as of late that I seem to be a magnet for unavailable men. You know the type. Those men who want your attention and to be a part of your life only when it is convenient for them. They also ONLY want to be involved if it requires NO commitment what so ever from them.

I have dealt with a few of them at different times in my life. Recently they have mostly been in the form of Ex boyfriends...who all seem to live in Texas. My life is turning into an old country song. #shitdamnhell

They have found out that I am separated. These selfish boys know they can't have me. They are all emotionally unavailable and most are very attached to their situation with another woman at the moment. Still I get messages from them. They want to pretend like we are still living in whatever year in history it was when we were dating. They tell me they want to be friends with me. This is YEARS after having no contact with me what so ever. I like having friends. I don't like having friends that want to flirt with me and be nice to me one minute and act like I don't fucking matter the next. Even though I try not to let it get to me...it hurts my feelings.

Then there was a new, pseudo boyfriend. HE actually lives in my area. I think he was trying to convince himself, by trying to convince me, that he was actually over his ex. This is why I call him the pseudo. Even though he wanted to call me his girlfriend it wasn't really like that. Which is why I was only slightly surprised when I found out I hadn't heard from him in a few days because she (the ex) had moved back in. So I guess he didn't believe his own bullshit either. Go figure! There were several red flags. I wasn't really surprised at how it went down. Hurt...a little. Surprised...not at all.

I am in no way ready for a boyfriend. I am currently emotionally unavailable. I am figuring myself out and remembering what it is to love myself. It has been a long time coming. I am not going to rush it. I am an important person in my life. I am focusing on remembering that. I can't say it isn't nice to hear from these guys. It gives me a boost that's for sure, but it also lets me down hard when i remember what the reality is. We are in fact NOT living in whatever year in history we like to pretend we are in. I am also not Dr. Who and I don't travel through time. Though I wish sometimes that I could. The thing I always come back to is that life will pass you by if you don't pay attention. So don't fucking kid yourselves. All it does is waste your precious time.

.

Comments

  1. You ARE an important person in your life! And that old saying about "the best way to get over a relationship is to find a new one" is BULLSHIT! Rebound relationships rarely work out. You are smart to focus on yourself and give yourself time to heal from your separation. It's hard. I am divorced and it was some of the toughest months of my life as I worked through the grief of losing someone I cared about, the shock and self-doubt of being on the wrong side of his affair, and the challenge of single parenting. Love will come. When it is time.

    Thanks for sharing on #BlogDiggity today! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. Love yourself first before you go looking somewhere else! Who needs another ex in Texas anyway?

      Delete
    2. Thank you!! Writing about my experiences in trying to get my head back on straight after all this has helped tremendously. I have #blogdiggity to thank for making me write regularly again!

      Delete
  2. Oh boy do I remember being where you are! <3 Hussy Love <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can honestly say I think it's getting bettet, but some days it side swipes me out of no where and I am right back in the pain of the initial seperation. One day and a time I guess. Thanks you the love!! Glad you stopped by!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing this!

    I had to take a 3 year break from the dating scene. Not just because I had made the mistake of trying to make it work withvexes but because I had lost myself. I had no idea who I was or what I was looking for in a spouse. I know its a cliché but thevright person will find you, take your time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You give me hope J!! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. You are awesome, and it's good that you realize that you need to focus on yourself. I really enjoyed reading this! You kick ass and always impress me :) thanks for sharing it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww thanks guys!! :-D *grinning like an idiot*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts