Thanksgiving can suck it!

I may have already told you guys but I am NOT a Thanksgiving person. I know I know I'm terrible and all that.

I could really skip the whole thing and be totally fine. I'd actually probably be happier than if I have to suffer through it.

All the over eating and family you hardly ever see uncomfortably crammed into some relatives living room trying to make small talk about life and whatever....

Not to mention the fact that we as Americans are celebrating the impending slaughter of almost an entire people. Gross. #nativeamericanlove

And don't even get me started on black friday shopping holy shit.

My husband is all about the black friday shopping though. So we are on two opposing sides of that shit right there which makes things FANFRIKINTASTIC when he goes to sleep in the middle of the aftermath of Thanksgiving dinner so he can have energy to go shop with the crazies!! What.the.fuck.ever.

I wasn't always this way. It started when my mom died. Which is all sad and whatever but seriously it was kind of a her holiday ya know.

She'd get all excited and make these wonderful dishes of magical goodness. The entire house would smell like hot chocolate and pumpkin bread for an entire week before the big day. Then the day of she would get up all super ridiculously early and put in the turkey. We would turn on the Thanksgiving day parade and "sneak" mini pumpkin muffins and hot chocolate for breakfast.

She made it seem like it was our secret. Come to think of it she always made everything she did special. That's what is wrong with Thanksgiving. The special is gone. Fuck. Also I in no way can recreate her cooking magic so there's that.

Shitdamnhell.

Comments

Popular Posts